In my initial days of travel, where I stayed rarely mattered. All that I looked for was a clean, safe and affordable place. As I grew older, comfort got added to my criteria for choosing places to stay. With my growing interest in art and heritage, these two areas also got added as criteria for choosing places to stay while travelling.
I must also admit that I got spoiled by someone of the places I got invited to visit and write about, and researching about places to stay takes about as much time as choosing where to travel to or even planning the itinerary.
- The Grand Shangri-La at Kalpa (Himachal Pradesh, India)
- The Bhairon Vilas Palace Hotel (Bikaner, Rajasthan)
- The Suryagarh experience (Jaisalmer, Rajasthan)
- The Suryagarh Experience… Revisited (Jaisalmer, Rajasthan)
- A holiday in the hills with Rokeby Manor (Landour, Uttarakhand)
- A holiday at The Bungalow on the Beach in Tranquebar (Tamil Nadu)
- A holiday at Wallwood Garden in Coonoor (Tamil Nadu)
If you would like me to to visit and write about your hotel, then please get in touch with me via my Contact page.