In my initial days of travel, where I stayed rarely mattered. All that I looked for was a clean, safe and affordable place. As I grew older, comfort got added to my criteria for choosing places to stay. With my growing interest in art and heritage, these also got added as criteria for choosing places to stay while travelling.
These days, I spend as much time researching about places to stay as I do about places to visit or even planning the itinerary. I must admit here that this is also because I have been spoiled by some of the places I got invited to visit and write about.
- The Grand Shangri-La at Kalpa (Himachal Pradesh, India)
- The Bhairon Vilas Palace Hotel (Bikaner, Rajasthan)
- The Suryagarh experience (Jaisalmer, Rajasthan)
- The Suryagarh Experience… Revisited (Jaisalmer, Rajasthan)
- A holiday in the hills with Rokeby Manor (Landour, Uttarakhand)
- A holiday at The Bungalow on the Beach in Tranquebar (Tamil Nadu)
- A holiday at Wallwood Garden in Coonoor (Tamil Nadu)
- The Narendra Bhawan experience (Bikaner, Rajasthan)
If you would like me to to visit and write about your hotel, then please get in touch with me via my Contact page.